Sales and Application Engineer
Position posted 3/22/18
Absolute Process Instruments, Inc. (API), a manufacturer of industrial process instrumentation products and digital pressure gauges, is looking for an experienced sales and application engineer to work in our customer care department. A technical sales background and experience with process controls, PLC’s, and industrial instrumentation is preferred. Desire to grow into a sales management position is a plus.
- Ensure timely and accurate coordination of inside sales activities including order entry, technical support, problem-solving activities, and repair orders via phone, email, and online chat.
- Work in conjunction with customer service team to ensure timely and accurate coordination of all customer care activities.
- Utilize company CRM to document ongoing activity and projects, enter new customers, update and maintain accurate customer information.
- Assist in the management of special projects, custom designs, product modifications, private labeling, etc. Be the primary conduit between the various departments and the sales channels (inside & out) to ensure accurate and timely coordination of unique sales opportunities.
- Communicate with outside sales representatives and distributors on a regular basis to support their sales efforts.
- Develop relationships with new customers and sales partners.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Department to provide customer feedback on products and assist with developing product application write-ups.
- Create and deliver technical training presentations, product introductions, webinars to educate and support sales partners and employees.
- Implement and maintain a consistent and disciplined follow up system for managing all customers and projects during every stage of the sales and/or customer care process.
- Assist in the creation of various reports to support sales & marketing.
- 5+ years successful product sales, sales engineering, and/or application engineering experience in an industrial, process, manufacturing and/or distribution environment.
- Working knowledge of industrial products including instrumentation, pressure measurement products, electrical power measurement products, industrial sensors, industrial communications, etc.
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical and electronic circuits, systems, and industrial wiring principles.
- Ability to communicate one-on-one with engineers and technicians, purchasing and manufacturing personnel.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with ability to train sales representatives, distributors, new employees.
- * Strong verbal and writing skills
Have working knowledge of:
- CRM databases
- MS Office programs
- Experience using Microsoft Excel a requirement
- Social media
- The internet
- Chat software
- Windows 10 personal computers
- Self-motivated, success driven and high energy.
- Experience interacting with and managing a manufacturer representative network a plus.
- Experience working with OEMs for custom products a plus.
- Extensive contact network in industrial markets a plus.